Routines in ÁBACO
A Day in ÁBACO
- From 8:00am to 12:00 noon.
- Children arrive at 8:00am both in the routes and on foot.
- Morning greeting at 8:10. Everyone gathers to greet the morning with our greeting song
- Classes start at 8:30 and end at 12:00 noon. Classes are rotated every half an hour
- When arriving in the class the teacher greets each child
- Rest is scheduled in 3 shifts per age group
- Farewell. We say goodbye in our main hall at 12:00pm with our closing song.
Each Week in ÁBACO
There is a child from each group chosen as “Child of the Week” every week. All the children are chosen as ‘child of the week’ during the semester and this role has responsibilities and privileges that start with a photo show. To close the week, we wait for parents so they may participate in the activity with their child’s group and bring something small to eat so their child may share with the group.
Fridays in ÁBACO
We share our toys. Children bring a toy they choose from home to exchange with friends.
We take a book home. Aiming at making the reading of good children’s literature be part of the family activities, in ÁBACO we have in place a Reading Club. Every Friday children take home a book to share with their family on weekends. Parents read this book with their children.